Wednesday, 19 October 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: NON CANON SHIPS

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY AND IS CURRENTLY HOSTED BY THOUGHTS ON TOMES. YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.


You know when there are two beautiful, perfect characters and they have amazing chemistry and their personalities go so wonderfully together and they're obviously soul mates and then THEY NEVER BLOODY GET TOGETHER? I do. I know it all too well.

If you haven't guessed yet, this weeks topic for Top 5 Wednesday is favourite non-canon ships. For anybody who doesn't speak fangirl:
Canon = what actually happens within the book/TV show/other thing
Non canon = things that do not happen with the book/TV show/thing
Ship = romantic relationship
So, a non-canon ship is a romantic relationship that doesn't actually happen within the thing.

This week's post contains both books and TV shows, because I have a lot of TV feels and I need to vent about it. They are in a particular order this time, for a change.

WARNING: This post will contain very mild spoilers for the Harry Potter series (INCLUDING Cursed Child), the Talon saga, Teen Wolf (the MTV show), the 100 (the TV series and the books). It will also contain feelings and caps lock.



5: ALBUS POTTER AND SCORPIUS MALFOY - HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD
They're adorable in the script, sure, but on stage these two were BREAKING MY HEART. Their friendship is the cutest thing and the actors had the most amazing chemistry and I died. Every time they had a scene together I thought they were going to kiss and every time they DIDN'T.
I have a lot of problems with Cursed Child. This is definitely one of them.

4: EMBER AND GARRETT - THE TALON SAGA (JULIE KAGAWA)
This series isn't over yet so I haven't completely given up hope but...yeah, it's not going so well right now. If you've read Soldier you know what I'm talking about. THEY'RE SO ADORABLE THOUGH!

3: BELLAMY BLAKE AND CLARKE GRIFFIN - THE 100 (TV)
I know they're canon (and cute as hell) in the books, but the TV show is so different that I'm going to say this counts. Their relationship has grown and developed so much over the three seasons (though I wasn't so happy with everything that happened in Season 3. That's a whole other story...) and they work so well together. Again, the series isn't over so I still have hope.

2: REMUS LUPIN AND SIRIUS BLACK - THE HARRY POTTER SERIES
I am Marauders era trash, just so you know. I'm completely convinced that these two were together when they were teenagers and it just never came up in the main series, but I don't think J.K. Rowling is of the same opinion. She's the one who's missing out, though, since they are actually perfect for each to other.

1: STILES STILINSKI AND LYDIA MARTIN - TEEN WOLF
What can I even say about these two? Their relationship has been building for so long and it's been so beautiful (and frustrating) to watch and they're just so obviously meant for each other it's ridiculous. They need to get together, and I genuinely think it's going to happen in the next season. THIS IS OUR TIME, SHIPPERS!
Oh, and "remember I love you" is the most romantic line ever delivered on TV and it's only been in a trailer. This is fact.

Thanks for reading! I'm all emotional now...
-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment