Friday, 28 October 2016

TAG: THE SECRET LIFE OF A BOOK BLOGGER

Hi everyone,

Long time, no tag! I actually don't remember the last time I wrote a post that wasn't either a top 5 Wednesday list or something about writing, because I am a terrible blogger.

I was tagged by the lovely Lara at another teen reader to do the SECRET LIFE OF A BOOK BLOGGER tag, which was created by...someone. Lara said she couldn't find the original creator of this tag and my google searches were futile, so if you know who I should give credit to please tell me in the comments! Basically, this is just a bunch of questions about my (extremely mundane and probably very underwhelming to read about) blogging life.



HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BLOGGER?
Since Christmas day of 2014! That's almost two full years, which might not be much compared to some people but to a chronic procrastinator who never sticks with anything it's kind of a big deal.

AT WHAT POINT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL STOP BLOGGING?
Probably when this mountain of schoolwork swallows me whole, which honestly feels like it might not be far away at this point. I never want to leave, trust me, but if I did it would definitely just be because I couldn't balance it with school and writing and life anymore.
This is making me sad. NEXT QUESTION!

WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT BLOGGING?
Nobody in my real life wants to hear about all the books I read. It's sad but it's true. Blogging gives me the opportunity to pour out all my bookish feelings and obsessive fan girl rants and bad writing advice WITHOUT really annoying my sister, and that's awesome. The fact that anybody wants to read that is even more awesome.

Hey, if you're reading this, YOU ARE AWESOME!

WHAT IS THE WORST THING? WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE IT OKAY?
I have no time. Like, NO TIME. What even is free time? This means that the consistency and (in my humble opinion) the quality of my posts has been slowly falling for the past year and there have been a lot of times that I've been almost ashamed of my blog. I try to fix this by mixing up my posts or changing the design a little bit so I'm happier with it. No spoilers or anything, but there are some exciting change ups coming pretty soon. Stay tuned...

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO FIND/MAKE PICTURES TO USE?
Look, I'm a writer. I deal with words. I only kept my bookstagram account up for, like, three days. Honestly, the only pictures I use are book covers and I get all of those from goodreads in a couple of clicks.
So, not long.

This tag is just exposing me for the terrible, lazy blogger that I am. Don't judge me!

WHO IS YOUR BOOK CRUSH?
Is this meant to mean my FICTIONAL crush or someone I look up to in the bookish community? I'm not really sure.
Anyway, James Carstairs (of the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare) is the love of my life and nobody else will ever compare. He is my crush in all aspects of my life. I JUST LOVE HIM SO FREAKIN' MUCH. I don't know if this is answering the question but it's worth saying.

WHAT AUTHOR WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON YOUR BLOG?
Oooh, good question. I like to aim high, so I'm going to say somebody like J.K Rowling or John Green or someone else who will never even know of the existence of this blog.
Actually, that's too modest. Let's go for Shakespeare. I want SHAKESPEARE on the blog. I need to go and get my time machine...

WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS?
Right now it's 6pm on a Friday and I am wearing a giant jumper that I just dropped curry on, pyjama bottoms and no bra. I think that gives you a pretty good idea of my general blogging uniform.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO PREPARE?
Prepare? We're supposed to PREPARE? Why has nobody told me this? I make a little list of things I want to include when I'm feeling particularly professional but that's it. I'll blame it on the "no time" thing that I keep going on about.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE BOOK BLOGGER COMMUNITY?
Y'ALL ARE THE BESTEST. Seriously, I love this community so much. It's not perfect, sure (I see you, people who start all the twitter drama. I see you), but I've never felt as accepted or as comfortable as I have with my fellow book bloggers. I also feel like I should participate in it more because I'm an anxious, antisocial person who very rarely talks to anyone, but that's a whole other topic.

WHAT DO YOU THINK SOMEONE SHOULD DO TO GET A SUCCESSFUL BOOK BLOG?
What even IS a successful book blog? If it involves getting thousands of followers and millions of page views then I most definitely don't have a successful blog myself and I probably shouldn't give any advice.
If it's about enjoying yourself and getting into a great community (which I think it should be) then I say to just HAVE FUN WITH IT! Don't worry about views, don't worry about schedules, just post things that you like and had fun writing and that should be enough.

Thank you so much for reading! Just as a warning, I'll probably only be posting NaNoWriMo updates for the next month so, um, maybe stay away if you don't care about that...
-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment