Sunday, 2 October 2016

SEPTEMBER READING WRAP UP




September is over! Thank god. It's almost always my least favourite month of the year and I'm so glad I don't have to go through another one for almost a year now.

I only read 3 and a half books in the last month which, whilst definitely not my best, isn't so bad considering it was my first month at Sixth Form and I spent most of my time completely freaking out about school. I think I'm starting to settle into the routine now, so hopefully in October I'll be able to find more time to read. Hopefully.



1: A CLASH OF KINGS - GEORGE R.R. MARTIN
10572
PUBLISHER: Harper Voyager
PAGES READ: 499 (of 911)
GENRE: Adult fantasy
SERIES: A song of ice and fire #2
MY THOUGHTS: It feels like years since I read this, honestly. Where has the time gone? Anyway, I was kind of bored for the first half but then the end got super intense super quickly and I was LOVING IT. I'm dying to read the next book but I have no time. Tragic.
RATING: 4/5 stars

2: THE ART OF BEING NORMAL - LISA WILLIAMSON
23058402
PUBLISHER: David Fickling books
PAGES READ: 353
GENRE: YA contemporary
SERIES: None
MY THOUGHTS: Holy shit, this was so good. It's such an important and under told story told in the most beautiful way possible and it gave me ALL OF THE FEELS. I highly, highly recommend it if you haven't read it already. Or I recommend you reread it now. It's that great.
RATING: 5/5 stars

3: THE SHADOW HOUR - MELISSA GREY
27171883
PUBLISHER: Atom
PAGES READ: 368
GENRE: YA fantasy
SERIES: The girl at midnight #2
MY THOUGHTS: This book was so much FUN. Honestly, the writing is kind of juvenile and the story definitely isn't the strongest but I enjoyed reading it so much that I don't care much. It's extremely reminiscent of Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments which is one of my favourite series and there is one ship (who I won't name for spoilery reasons) who have completely stolen my heart. THEY'RE SO CUTE!
RATING: 3.75/5 stars

4: THE GREAT GATSBY - F. SCOTT FITZGERALD
9357704
PUBLISHER: Vintage Classics
PAGES READ: 148
GENRE: Classic
SERIES: None
MY THOUGHTS: This was assigned reading for my English lit class, so my thoughts on it are more about what language I can pick out than how much I actually enjoyed the story. Still, it was as fun to read as any school book ever is and we've had some pretty fascinating discussions about it in class so I'm not mad. I actually should be writing an essay about it right now...
RATING: 3.5/5 stars

CURRENTLY READING: THE MIST IN THE MIRROR - SUSAN HILL
678362
PUBLISHER: Vintage
PAGES READ: 121 (of 185)
GENRE: Adult horror/mystery
SERIES: None
MY THOUGHTS: HALLOWEEN IS COMING! Hence my decision to read a ghost story, even though I normally avoid scary stuff at all costs. I'm really loving the old fashioned feel and mysterious atmosphere of this, and it got me genuinely creeped out the other day.

MONTHLY STATS:
Books read: 3.5
Total pages read: 1489
Average pages per book: 425
Average rating: 4.06/5 stars
Book of the month: The Art of Being Normal - Lisa Williamson

Thanks for reading! I should probably get on with that essay now. Ugh...
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment