Wednesday, 21 September 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: CHARACTERS YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO TRADE PLACES WITH

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY AND IS CURRENTLY HOSTED BY THOUGHTS ON TOMES. YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.




It's Wednesday! That means I've made it through half of my second week of sixth form, and now it's time for another Top 5 Wednesday. This week's topic is Top 5 characters you wouldn't want to trade places with. This was surprisingly difficult to narrow down because...well, most of my favourite characters have terrible lives that I would never want to experience. Let's be honest here, reading about fighting dragons and stuff is WAY better than actually doing it and getting killed in five minutes.

In no particular order...

KATNISS EVERDEEN - THE HUNGER GAMES (SUZANNE COLLINS)
Not only does Katniss have to fight in two different Hunger Games (it's been long enough to say that now, right?), watch most of her friends die and live in a dystopian society with a terribly corrupt government, she also has the responsibility of leading the entire revolution. That sounds like way too much pressure for me.


SANSA STARK - A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE (GEORGE R.R. MARTIN)
Actually, I wouldn't want to be anybody in the entire world of this series. That world SUCKS. Every single character is having a horrible time, but I think that at least where I'm up to right now (the end of A Clash of Kings) Sansa is particularly badly off. I really could have picked anyone though.

TWYLLA - THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER (MELINDA SALISBURY)
She's locked up in a (admittedly luxurious) castle being forced to execute people with her touch, and that's just the first scene. Things definitely don't get any better for her from there. I'd probably die in that world too, honestly. I don't even know how I've survived for so long in this one. 
 Image result for the sin eaters daughter gif

MARK WATNEY - THE MARTIAN (ANDY WEIR)
I am very bad at science. I don't like isolation. I like nice food and a good variety of entertainment. In short, I would not be very good at being stranded on mars for months at a time. I would probably die in, like, five minutes.

EVERYONE IN '172 HOURS ON THE MOON' (JOHAN HARSTEAD)
If I'm honest, I don't remember any of the individual characters from this book. All I remember is that it scared the crap out of me and destroyed any ambition I ever had of going to space in the future. No way. I'm staying as far away from space as possible. Just thinking about this is giving me the creeps.

In summary; I would die in almost every book ever. Please never make me the protagonist a novel, especially if it's set in space.

Have a great week!
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment